The Hyperspace core is a block that can be placed on a ship, and can be made from the following materials:
The Hyperspace Core enhances the hyperdrive's range and charging time. Higher quality materials will give greater bonuses to range and charging time. Hyperspace range does not scale linearly.
|8 k m3||64 k m3||512 k m3||4 mill m3||32 mill m3||262 mill m3||2 bill m3||16 bill m3|
The Avorion Special Ability
The Hyperspace Core made of Avorion has a special ability, as it allows the player to jump across space time rifts. No matter what size Avorion Hyperspace Core is used. When the ability is acquired, it will not matter how many Hyperspace Cores of other materials there are present, they will only add to the total number of sectors that the player is able to jump.
1.a) Increment general formula.
- I = increment of hyperspace range
- V= total volume of hyperspace cores of that material.
- K = some numeric constant.
- round['x']() = a function that rounds the number at 'x' zeros: if 5 or more, rounds up, if not, rounds down. In this case, it rounds to 1 decimal.
- M = a number correlated with a material: it is 6 for Avorion, 5 for Ogonite, 4 for Xanion, 3 for Trinium, 2 for Naonite, 1 for Titanium and 0 for Iron.
1.b) Increment specific formula.
Or, what is the same, for a particular material:
- Naonite K= 1,45597631
- Trinium K= 1,666669836
- Xanion K= 1,907852049
- Avorion K = 2,499968584
2) Total Reach formula.
The total hyperspace reach of a ship is the sum of all increments plus a 2.5 of base reach:
This block has 4/3rds the mass and 1/8th the durability of a normal block.